There really is so, so much to tell you...
1. Writing a list is deeply satisfying to me. Any kind of list. This will definitely do.
2. If I win an Oscar or something, Id first thank my husband Eric without whom I wouldnt be happy at all much less know how to use the internet to tell you about it. Hes my Winston Churchill, Felix Unger and Network Administer all wrapped into one--and so much more! I love him madly! Madly, madly, madly
3. Madly, madly, madly, madly!
4. I wont say I dislike poetryI find a lot of things to be poetic but, I wish I was more moved by poetry itself, you know? I really hate medleys.
5. I really like awnings, all kinds of lettucebut I think the ubiquitous iceberg lettuce is woefully under appreciatedand I like my job, and J Lo movies. Cmon someone has to!
6. Arms and nerdy people are attractive. Nerdy people with nice arms
SEND ME! Oh, and WRISTS
7. I have an uneasy relationship with words. Its a given I misuse and misspell them more than I than I know. On many occasions its been pointed out to me that I put them in a strange order, and frequently they utterly fail me. Still they amuse me. Behoove, for example. I would like to use that word everyday. It behooves me to tell you that the rules of punctuation also elude me. Do not get me started on apostrophes!! Never. Despicable. I rue the day...
8. Look, rather than do an interview with me, which would be fascinating, by the way, because of the interesting word usements I structure ... Steve Martin in L.A Story. I love him. I want him to buy some of my artwork. He is a very big art collector.
9. Once someone who bought one of my paintings sent an email explaining how at first she had to sleep with a flashlight so she could periodically wake up in the night and look at the painting. I cant say what the message means to me (inadequate words!) but I can tell you that I have copies of this email all over the place.
10. I admire adults who have a thing for sweets like an 8 year old kid. Perhaps the wine I drink supplies me with all the sugar I need now, but when I was a kid I anxiously anticipated the time when I would have a regular paycheck, all of which I planned to spend on candy bars. Now, I crave the naptime I had no appreciation for back then.
11. Seemingly involuntarily, from time to time, ever since I was a teenager, the voice in my head (singular, mind you) will lapse into a narrative styleand the voice is Leonard Nimoys, like my life is a NOVA special! (What, besides out of control vanity, would Susan Sontag have made of that?)
12. I really regret that I dont send more cards. Especially birthday cards. Especially birthday cards to the kids in my family. The thing is its always on my mind to do so, for crying out loud!
13. Im inordinately fearful of being old and alone one day. Like, I think about it way too much. Should have thought of it before I spent years not sending birthday cards, huh? (OK, if I do happen to send you a birthday card it doesnt mean I expect you to push me around the park one day. But thatd be real nice if you feel like it.)
14. Im a big morning person. Dorky, but I find mornings so hopeful. I like night time very much too. Mid-day, not so much. Really should move to a siesta culture. (NAPTIME!)
15. I love my dogs so muchtheir ears smell like cookiesbut I wish they were a little better behaved and enjoyed going places more. I wish the same about myself though.
16. I dont really believe in certainties and if there were such things, how dull.
17. If Im in any kind of hurry the John Denver song, Thank God Im a Country Boy gets stuck in my head, and I bump into things. I only know, like, two lines of the song. It can be horrible.
18. In general Im rather ungraceful, physically and socially.
19. Im also absent-minded, easily distracted, and somewhat suggestible, but Im not half the worrier I used to be.
20. Recently Ive lost several valuable things (earrings, sunglasses, bank card). See no. 19? No, am thinking we might have a very clever frog in our house. (Frog, vernacular for somebody who secretly lives in your attic and comes down to eat your food and take your things while youre away from home.) But Im trying not to worry about it.
22. Once Eric and I and some friends arrived at a Paris restaurant for a late night supper and didnt leave until sunrise. Thats the closest to Hemingway chic Ive ever been.
23. I was born to water ski. Have only done it once but remain utterly convinced.
23. Am horribly sentimental. Tone deaf. Cant drink coffee like I used to could. Bunion on my left foot. Abstractly organized. Conflicted carnivore. Nervous talker. Neurotic about constant access to good moisturizing lotion. Nice through and through. No favorite coloryoud think Id have one, huh? Chronically late, but only by a little. Complaining about my cat is how I express my love for her. I know this is more than 25 already but there really is so, so much to tell you.
24. Actually the truth is, several times here I had to remind myself that this isnt supposed to be a list of alarming confessions. Random things, random things. Though I will confess, the mental list of things inappropriate to post has somewhat increased the fond feelings I have for myself.
25. Will share some of the inappropriate things for a little buttery popcorn.